Monday, April 27, 2009

The Lakers

I really don't like the LA Lakers. Just about everything about the franchise bothers me. Here's a short list:

- Phil Jackson
- Yellow Uniforms
- The mascot, 'Laker', despite the lack of lakes 
- formerly based in Minneapolis
- Jordan Farmar and all that hair gel
- Celebrities at games
 - except for Jack Nicholson, he can do whatever he wants
- The Media's love affair with them 
- when Luke Walton is considered 'good', you know the media loves you

The thing that set this off was the abundance of celebrities at games rooting for the Lakers.  I know that all of them are not from LA.  Go home and root for your home team.  And if you are thinking they just want to watch some basketball, I'd respond with 'why not the Clippers?' Sure, they suck this year. But they were in the playoffs two years ago. It's just a bunch of fairweather fans and I dislike it. Anyway, more productive posts later. Maybe some BBO.

No comments: