Friday, April 24, 2009

Go Gator!

In case you haven't heard, the Gators went to the White House yesterday.  Here's the transcript from the visit.

I think that this is the funniest tradition of all championship traditions (just ahead of going to Disney World).  Who started this?  You know it was a president.  Teams can't just decide, "You know, this championship earns us a trip to the White House!" It just makes me think about how popular sports are in the lives of Americans.  I know it is in mine.  I care way more about Gator football than Bizarro Obama and his swashbuckling stories with the Somalian armada (side note: I really need to create the Bizarro Obama comic book). 

Anyway, no real point here except Obama seems to know his college football. Read the transcript and you'll know what I'm saying.

Another side note, I wanted to create some sort of Presidential Basketball Pick 'em. With Obama being a former player and all, it made me think about what other presidents could tote the rock. Here's my top 5: 
- C - LBJ. 6'3", built like a house, and crazy as a fox! 
- SF- The 6'4" Rail-Splitter would be an intriguing pick. Abe might sky over all other presidents like...Gheorghe Muresan? 
- PF- GWash was 6'4" and lead the colonists to victory in the one of the greatest upsets in history. That HAS to carry over to basketball. 
- PG - Obama is the only one with real experience.
- SG - Gerald Ford rounds out the top five because of his football success. Athleticism is athleticism. 

Basically, the President's Ball(PUN!) would be awash. It would end up like that pick-up game you play at the park with all the white guys in running shoes and ankle-high socks. 

2 comments:

Travis McKinney said...

i heard that obama lead everyone in his favorite gator cheer: 1...2,3,4,5... dem da gatas don't take no jive!

Ethan Stonerook said...

I nearly cried reading this.