Thursday, August 27, 2009

Memory Verses

I had a youth pastor in high school who instituted memory verses in every youth group for a whole summer or so. His way of making us remember the verses basically consisted of him acting out the verse as animated and goofy as possible. The great thing is that I still remember most of the verses. I think there we about four of them; each one containing 5-10 verses.

ex. Ephesians 5:15-20
5Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, 16making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. 17Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord’s will is. 18Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit. 19Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, 20always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Lately, I have been pretty convicted about my scripture reading and application. Therefore, I am starting my own little memory verse program. It won't be as fun as Pete's, but still good.

John 6:63
It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh is no help at all. The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life.

This is my first one. So if you see me, feel free to ask me what my memory verse of the week is or of previous weeks. If I blow you off, feel free to admonish me...gently.

No comments: