Monday, December 8, 2008

Why I Love Percy

Anyone who does not think Percy Harvin is one of the best players in the country is stupid or crazy or both. I think that he will prove that when he is drafted this coming April in the first round. Despite being one of the most dynamic players in the country, Percy is not at all frustrated about lack of touches.

“If I was with another team, I would be putting up way bigger numbers. But I’ll take a championship over a Heisman any day...This team, we have a lot of playmakers that I don’t even care (about touches). Like Tim said, if I need to take over a game, I feel I can do that. I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else. You can take all my numbers away.”

Maturity is playing a big part in the Gators success as of late. It is great to see a junior come out and say this because it really makes a statement. Big egos have no place on the Gators. Only players who work hard and do their job. 

A great example of this is David Nelson. Over the past three seasons, David Nelson has found his only playing time comes about during blowouts or on blocking assignments.  But it seems all that hard work has paid off because he is on Urban's good side as of late. Nelson had his best game of his career with 3 catches and a touchdown against 'Bama. I have to say, I am pumped about Nelson contributing as a senior next year.

Go Gators!

No comments: