Wednesday, October 22, 2008

O-Line

I love offensive linemen. They are my favorite players on the field because they make everything happen. Good protection leads to a good passing game. Good run blocking leads to a good ground game. However, these unsung heroes are usually overlooked by the media unless they are a Jake Long or Orlando Pace.
That is why I am giving LG Carl Johnson some love this week in my blog. Johnson got the job after Jim Tartt went down a couple of weeks ago. The Gator line looked pretty darn good in his 1 start vs. LSU. Here are Johnson's comments after the LSU game:

Referring to Ricky Jean-Francois's comments:
"Somebody calls you out in your own house, what are you going to do? Barbecue or mildew? You pick."

Referring to grade A beef's superiority over Louisiana fried chicken:
"Either you eat steak or you eat Popeye's Chicken. Me personally, I love steak. I don't want no Popeye's Chicken."

Greatness.

No comments: