Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Permissible, Not Beneficial

I have been struggling a lot lately with politics--which is a stupid and fruitless endeavor. Most of my Gainesville friends adhere to some sort of liberalism as their primary political philosophy. I do not understand this. After reading this article, I have a better understanding.  

"What do liberals and libertarians have in common? The fundamental value of liberty. What do liberals and libertarians disagree about? What liberty means." Liberals...see threats to liberty from concentrations of private power and will continue to defend government as a means of combating those threats.

It makes sense. I still do not agree with it but at least I have new perspective. Life is all about gaining perspective for me. Sometimes, I am just too shortsighted. 

In the end, it isn't that important. It's not like liberal ideals compromise the sovereignty of God or something. That brings me to my next point. I am going to try to use this blog more to talk about my religious convictions--specifically reformed theology-- and how I deal with them.

No comments: