Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Please Baby Please

I returned from Nashville, TN yesterday. The trip was made in order that I may visit my good friend Ryan Meyer and see his band's CD release show(Sophia). I came to figure some things out though during the trip. I'll use bullets to display them.

1. My goal in life is to be safe
2. I am more than capable of scarring people with my words
3. If it were not for Jesus Christ, nothing good would ever come from me.

1. Safety is a fatal goal. It is the destroyer of life. It is also my most worshipped idol. In fact, as I write this, I am debating with myself whether or not it is safe for me to write this. I am weighing the pros and cons. Is it okay to be this honest and open with everyone? What will people think of me if they read this? Regardless, while attending the Anchor Fellowship, I realized that I am pursuing safety to its unavoidable end - death. 

2. I do not think the ability to harm people with words is unique to me by any means. However, I forget the incredible power of speech on most occasions and say things that are neither good nor uplifting. My tongue is my rudder and it has been steering me in circles.

3. It is hard to use words to encompass the emotion behind this realization. Only if you have come to this same conclusion can you possibly understand what I am talking about. God has rescued me from the doldrums. 

2 comments:

Ethan Stonerook said...

amen^3

Ethan Stonerook said...

Hey Sam, how bout some more thoughts??? Where you been?